Why responsive web design?
Because Google recommends it for SEO.
Today’s online visitor expects a smart, intuitive UX (user-experience). Searching for the navigation menu or trying to read small text can frustrate visitors and result in a high bounce rate. An attractive website, with a consistent UX, is just one factor to consider when developing a responsive layout.
Responsive Design Advantages
- Consistent user-experience helps increase conversion rate
- Unifies organic content and pay-per-click campaigns strategies
- No mobile site development; saves time, money and resources
- HTML5 allows offline browsing
On-page SEO (search engine optimization) is crucial when developing your website’s content. Since the HTML, URL and On-page SEO is consistent across all devices, Google recommends responsive design.
- A single URL ensures consistent social sharing
- Algorithms index content more efficiently
- No URL redirection reduces loading time on mobile devices
- Googlebots crawl pages one time, ensuring fresh indexing
– Google Developers